[FWDLK] I prefer the hissing....

.....to a total failure of the power brake system!

Following months-old suggestions to try this experiment, and Dave H.'s most
recent missive, I removed the vac hose from the booster and duct-taped the
booster's orifice---this is the correct protocol, right?---and discovered that
the manual-braking effort which results therefrom resembles what happens
on a 'modern' system, like: NO (hardly-any) braking response, with both
feet being planted against the pedal to get the car, grudgingly, to coast to
a stop.

The car's brakes are the 11x3" Bendix beauties, but, the power brake system
stops them just fine, so I gotta believe that there would be a similar result
from the 11 (or 12)" x 2" (2 1/2)"  Lockheed Centerplanes., too.

As you might imagine, the power brake system has been restored, albeit
hissingly,....until that overhauled guy finally arrives.

Neil Vedder