Re: [FWDLK] cross country cruise

i havent been to many, or any, mopar meets other than at engishtown NJ and carlisle PA... so a different venue, schedule permitting would be a neat idea- a bit farther- see new people, new cars... but carlisle should definitely be part of one of the tours- we had something to the tune of 17 56-58 furys representing the GFS 2 yrs ago, as well as another 20 57-58 plymouths, not to mention all the dodges, desotos, chryslers, and a few imperials in the fwdlk era- and easy 120 cars, finned, in 1 spot! and as it looks- this year- that will be the only of 2 large shows i'll make this year- so much for more than 2 years i decided to retire! now back to a job- that i couldnt pass up- and looking back- did about 7 restorations, but went to only 3 or 4 large shows!

-----Original Message-----
From: brians <xm2cars@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Oct 1, 2002 10:32 pm
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] cross country cruise

John, you are offering to do a monumental job in organizing this tour - and deserve a big Thank You (as well as a Wisconsin bear hug)!!

As you noted, you 'can't please everyone' but there may be a way to please many. Here's an idea that might work. If several tours, many of which you have described - north to/from south [east], north to/from south [midwest], north to/from south [west], east to/from west [north], east to/from west [south], and so on.

Each could be scheduled to arrive at a common site - car show, museum, state or national park at a date that all could agree with. As to other clubs and groups, we should keep them similar to our interests - finned Exner Mopars from the late '50s and early '60s. The more cars we can recruit the better the chances are for our own show and a higher level of participation.

I'm not sure how this all can be organized but your idea of regional managers to work with you is an excellent one and each of them can determine their most interesting layovers, local car shows and etc. The entire tour would most likely take at least a week to 10 days to complete culminating at the common site.

The tour is an exciting idea and should end up being a fun-filled time for everyone as well as a chance for all of us to have a face-to-face meeing!

Brian in snowy & frozen Michigan

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Bartell" <59fins@xxxxxxx