[FWDLK] cruise/power tour ideas

Hi all,
   As Garrett said:
"They have a "Power Tour" every year that is basically a giant rolling car show, similar to what everyone is kicking around. Although it wouldn't be "our" event, it would be real easy to get a group of Forward Look folks together and "invade" the Power Tour."

Garrett may have a good idea here. Something like this could boost the recognition of our group's cruise, especially if we would be riding for a charity. As Iowa is centrally located in the country, maybe we could make the "Power Tour's" starting point our central goal from East to West, North to South and then those that may want to run the power tour could and those that don't could do their own thing. Or, if so desired, we could plan to make an East to West cross country run, using the Power Tour as one of many gatherings spots en-route. This could also be incorporated into a N to S or S to N Mississippi River run. Speaking of charities for our cruise, it wouldn't hurt to start listing those that could be considered. It is easy to say let's give to this one or that one, but to get the most for the charity, it would be great if we could work with them in preparation of the cruise. They may or may not have a "specific date" that they have an annual gathering or major funding drive that could be worked into a cruise. And, sponsorship would be an easier goal if we had a specific charity all set up and an event where they would get the recognition they look for when sponsoring something. Lots of ideas from a lot of members...but not too many volunteers to help organize! Keep those ideas coming, that is what will make this happen, or lack of, kill it!
   Anyhooo...that's what's new on the cruise floor for now.
John in WI...30's, dreary, but spring is a coming...for those of us North of the Equator!