[FWDLK]

Hi Don
They are pretty easy to fix. Usually, they don't work due to lack of use. Mopar windows are "Use'em or lose'em" They also have a plastic drive gear inside which can go bad.
Also, they cover a large number of years and models. All window motors are the same from the 50's thru the 80's. There is a left and a right motor. They switch sides in the rear, that is, LF and RR are one part # and RF and LR are the other.
Finally, they do NOT use body ground. There are 2 wires + on one and - on the other, makes the motor run in one direction, Switch the + and -, and it runs in the other direction.

Easy fix:
First have some one hold the glass with both hands and push down while you work the down button. They seem to get corroded where the brushes touch the commutator inside and if you can get the window to move a little and get past that bad spot, they often start working. If you can get it going, just spend some time working them up and down.By working the window, the brushes seem to clean up the corrosion.
 Often this will fix the problem.

Hard fix: Remove the motor.
NOTE:  There are safety issues here, they can hurt or kill you. Just know that you must provide for your safety while you work.
If working inside the door, have a piece of 2X4 in there to catch the window mechanism if it falls, so as not to catch your pinkies.
Do this when removing the lift assy. while leaving the glass in it's track.
You can also place a wedge such as holds a door open, in the opening at  the top of the door so it wedges the glass to prevent it from falling. Blocking inside is better.

With the lift assy. out, use vice grips to hold the gear before removing the motor from the lift. Better yet, drill a hole thru the gear and the frame put a bolt and nut thru it. This will keep the spring from unwinding
It is under tremendous spring pressure from the coil spring which balances the glass weight. It can suddenly unwind and hurt you. I have a dent in my forehead from just that. I was holding the lift assy in one hand and pulling the motor off of it, when the motor come off, the spring made the lift arm fly around and it hit my head. Fortunately, I was holding it and it just flew out of my hand when the arm hit me. If it had been in a vice, it would have done more damage to me.

I also have used a short cut by drilling thru the inside door skin with a hole saw, right over 2 of the 3 bolts which hold the motor in.The 3rd bolt can be seen.
If you remove the 3 bolts, the motor will come off the assy and you can take it to your bench to work on it.

There is a plate over the drive gears, remove it and check the gears. If OK clean up the old dried up grease and re lube. 2 long bolts hold the motor together, remove them (Note where the mounting tab is) and use emory cloth on the commutator.
Check the brushes and have fun getting it all back together.
Let us know how it works out,
Ray