Re: [FWDLK] Ignition wire holders

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a can of rubber grip for hand tools and dip your wire holders in it.  Works fine.

In a message dated 5/4/2010 11:51:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, JLSAVARD@xxxxxxx writes:

In a message dated 5/4/2010 9:23:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, drt-rdr@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On the v8 I have for my 56 Plym, on top of the valve covers are some holders to hold the spark plug wires. They look to originally have had some rubber coating or something on them to keep the holders from wearing through the wires.

So....What are you folks doing for that or are you just stripping and painting them and using them with no coating?

I got some plastic coating that they use for the end of ropes, to seal them.  It, and similar products, come in various colors.  I just cleaned the metal and dipped it a few times to build up the thickness.  Worked great!

I think I got it at Harbor Freight Tools.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan