Re: [FWDLK] Exhaust manifold paint

They were still on the engine, used POR15 marine clean and wire brushed them and painted on two coats by brush....been four years now and they still look great.
----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Waters
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Exhaust manifold paint

What procedure did you go thru before coating the manifolds ? And how long has it been since you used the manifold paint ? Is any rust coming thru ?

I sandblasted mine, then painted with the Eastwood stuff. Rust was visible within six months. Then I brought them to a high temp coating place,where they put some type of ceramic type coating on. Mounted these on the car. But again have some rust coming through.

Ron