Re: [FWDLK] Engine Cleaning

You mean I have to start the wood stove back up soon!!!

I have been using Naptha for my cleaning needs and it works pretty good and dries quickly. It is flammable though. I used to get it in bulk at an oil company. When they went out of business and needed to get rid of all the things there, I bought over 55 gallons of it so I still have a good supply of it. I once got a 5 gallon can from ARG in Bradford--the former Kendall Refining Co.
Jack in Shinglehouse, Pa---ready for the cold weather again--Thanks John!!!!

If you have an O'Reilly's Auto Parts near you, try some Purple
Power...works pretty good.   I haven't found anything short of a
combination de-greaser and steam cleaning/pressure washing  combined
with a scraper and wire brush and elbow grease to get one super clean!
Some are just worse than others to get clean.
John in WI...recovering from a late snow and freezing temps last
nite...maybe in the 20's tonite...D..n!

Nick Sperduto wrote:
So I have my engine on my stand and I need to clean the grease and oil
off it. You guys using anything special.
Brake cleaner or gas, etc...I used to use some crc degreaser, but I
ran out and it's $13 a can now.
Also want to clean up parts, like the inside of an oil pan and timing
case cover, etc.

Any suggestions,
Nick