Re: [FWDLK] Why Paint Exhaust Manifolds ?

Re: [FWDLK] Why Paint Exhaust Manifolds ?

Title: Re: [FWDLK] Why Paint Exhaust Manifolds ?
Finally, someone brought this up...
I feel the same way B.  ALL of the unrestored cars I’ve seen had rusty manifolds with just a trace of paint left- basically what didn’t burn off.
I get tired of the over restored showboats that are ‘supposed’ to be restored to ‘factory’ condition...and are painted to within an inch of their lives with modern paint, marked with markings that never appeared (or maybe shouldn’t have) and have undersides that are as nice as the topside.  People forget these were just cars to the people who built them and bought them originally- not works of art or historical artifacts.

That’s just my opinion- and mine ONLY....

Enjoy!
Charles.