Re: [FWDLK] almost FWDLK-ing

Long, low and lovely!

On Jun 1, 2010, at 4:05 AM, jrawa@xxxxxxx wrote:

although i'm widely known for my forwardlook collection of 57-59 plymouths, 57-58 desotos, 59 dodges, and 56-61 chryslers..... i do have at least one of every other brand [still working on covering the independants.. studebaker, rambler, etc..]. i figured i'd share my latest completion with the list... this was the longest, interrupted resto yet... ended up finishing 5 other cars in between this project- 3 of which weren't even mine... over the past 3 years.
after the wait- i'm now enjoying using it- debuted to the public eye saturday morning for breakfast- and did maybe 3 miles since then doing local visits this weekend...maybe a nice 250 mile round trip next weekend if i decide to use it.. we'll see.

here's a link to the finished pics and some of the "last steps" along the way. not for sale. since i was about 14 or 15 i wanted one of these since it looks like an enlarged and more angular version of a 57 plymouth from behind. the front needed some getting used to. and definitely has a "forward look" from the doors rearward. since walking into the garage and saying "58 plymouth, 51 buick," etc. doesnt always narrow it down... the cars have names.... and this one's too pretty to be abe.... so this is "Abby" [Lincoln]

i also picked this up maybe a month or so ago:

FuryJim