Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 31 Jul 2010 to 5 Aug 2010 (#2010-170)

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 31 Jul 2010 to 5 Aug 2010 (#2010-170)

   59 SPORT FURY WITH DUAL QUADS

    I owned a 1959 Sport Fury with the Golden Commando engine and Dual Quad carburetors. I bought it with low mileage and was told it was a special order. Big New Car Dealers had more power on special orders back then before the computer world was here.
   My 59 Sport Fury was a daily driver that I drag raced on the weekends and won more than 40 competition trophies with it over the 8 years I raced with it. I sure wish I had not gotten rid of that car.

         Ron Allyn Swartley

PS. Oh, I did get beat about 7 or 8 time while winning the trophies.