[FWDLK] mailing list suggestion for users

[FWDLK] mailing list suggestion for users

Well, I just completed my weekly review of the SPAM folder that my ISP hosts on their SITE for holding messages until the user collects or reads their email.

Several years ago a lot of e-mail services increased the strengths of their own SPAM filtering to catch a lot more of the spam that is still floating around out in the vast wasteland of the internet. What I have learned to do was to check the online prefiltering that the ISP does for me, and I have noticed that they catch a lot, almost all the SPAM never hits my incoming mail folders on my PC when my e-mail client (software) collects the waiting messages.

Here's the Gotcha and the reason for this message.
Their SPAM filtering DOES trap and prevent the delivering of some valid traffic, So There are Valid Messages in that SPAM folder that is never sent down to me to read. Mostly my mailing list traffic is affected, but at odd times other messages that it would have been nice to get are trapped and therefore never delivered to me. My ISP also AUTOMATICALLY cleans out that SPAM folder every 7 days so if I fail to check it inside that time period, those messages are lost to me forever unless the original sender resends the message and it makes thru the online SPAM filtering process.

With my particular ISP I have yet to locate the user ability to fine tune their filtering, hence the efforts to at least visit the online folder and the (for me) remote accessing of my email service at least once every 6 days or so, if I don't have a 'Senior moment' and forget to do so. With my provider, remote online accessing is the ONLY way to view the contents of the folder they filter out and prevent being delivered to my computer automatically as per my other valid message traffic.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy