Re: [FWDLK] Adjusting valves

On 8/9/2010 6:29 AM, DOLORES ECKERSON wrote:
NICK
Its easy ,,and the settings are different for many different cams,,,set
ups etc.

You can adj cold or hot--so lets do cold . its a lot easier.

Mark your damper pulley at the 90,,,180,, and 270 degree settings. You
can use a tape measure to basically mark the pulley every quarter of a rev.

Pull your valve covers and get the feeler gages you want along with the
7/16 wrench.
You are ready to rock!
Choose a setting between .008 and .012 for the intakes-----.014 and .018
for the exhaust.
I use .010 and .014

rotate engine to TDC #1 fireing position (the valve rockers for #1 will
be LOOSE),,,
if tight you are at TDC #1 overlap position

Now use this formula to do the valves
At #1 TDC fireing pos
DO EXH FOR #8
DO INT FOR #2

Rotate 90 degrees
Do EXH FOR #4
DO INT FOR #1

ROTATE 90 deg
DO EXH FOR #3
DO INT FOR #8

ROTATE 90 deg
DO EXH FOR #6
DO INT FOR #4

ROTATE 90 deg (back to #1 TDC OVERLAP)
DO EXH FOR #5
DO INT FOR #3

ROTATE 90 DEG
DO EXH FOR #7
DO INT FOR #6

ROTATE 90 deg
DO EXH FOR #2
DO INT FOR #5

ROTATE LAST 90 DEG
DO EXH FOR #1
DO INT FOR #7

You may want to go arounf one more time to recheck yourself
ED ECKERSON

AND I believe I read somewhere that the threads on the adjuster screw are 20 to the inch? That fits in to a math formula where each Full turn is equal to ??? (Time to go back to school) :-)

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy