    I rebuilt the B&T on my 56 Fury and used a kit I bought on eBay.  I did not, remove the pin.  I just put new bearings in and lubricated  them with CV grease.  The boot came with the kit.  The old one was in good shape, but replaced it anyway.

    When I had the whole thing apart, I had it balanced at a shop that specialized in drive shafts.  Then I had it bead blasted and power coated.  Really works nice and looks great.

    John Teske

In a message dated 8/14/2010 1:53:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I got the boot from a guy advertising in the WPC News, but no longer have the contact info.  Point is the correct boot was available and cheap.

But if it's not broke, why fit it?

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '56 Plymouth, '66 Plymouth, '41 Dodge
----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Waters
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 6:46 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Ball and Trunnion

Hey Gang -

I pulled my 59 Dodge's driveshaft out of storage and decided that I wanted to rebuild the ball and trunnion (front) U-Joint. What tool should I use to remove the pin from the ball head ? Any 'gotchas' in disassembling the body ? Also, I may want to replace the boot, even though mine looks pretty good, with no cracks or tears. Where can you get the correct boot without paying a fortune ?

BTW, I'm keeping the B&T setup. I know some have gone to cross-type joints front and rear, which I'm not interested in doing.

Thanks,

Ron