Re: [FWDLK] [GFS] 57/58 FURY COLOR QUESTION

Re: [FWDLK] [GFS] 57/58 FURY COLOR QUESTION

I looked in the paint computer at work, code MMM which is Buckskin Beige is in there under a different name (which escapes my mind at the moment, old age sucks) but it is listed as a '58 color and doesn't specify that it is a Plymouth only color. As Ron said the color won't be exact with newer paints, the tints from back then are different, I can't even match my 20 year old Plum Crazy paint on my Fury, the metallics, hues, everything is just off,  we tried scanning the car with several manufacturers scanners, tinting by eye, even found a jobber that still sells and mixes laquer but nothing matches good enough for a repair. My car is a dead on match to a "survivor" from 1970, I've seen one at Carlisle but if you put near any restored or recently repainted cars they are way off.
Adam