Re: [FWDLK] Mopar Fest Photo's

Just had the time to look at Bill's pics, and realize that that Sunshine (yellow) and
Ebony 58 CRL is well known to me.

Back in 1980, it was shown by a Reno insurance agent (along with a lot
of his other collector-cars) at the second-to-last Squaw Valley car show.

The area was developed into condos, after 1981.

I saw it there just before I went to Toledo to lay eyes on & drive my 57 Dodge,
which had been stored there since 10/80, after I had bought it sight-unseen,
out of the Chicago area, and had had it be driven to Toledo, where my parents lived, pending my arrival there to visit them, in the late Spring (and arrange to get
it back to CA, where it's resided since then).

Anyway, that yellow/black CRL had 19K original miles, and was a stunning Survivor (before that term ever existed), and reportedly still had the "Original Detroit air" still
in its Wingfoots, and still wore its vintage clear plastic seat covers.

Its OEM dash pad was only very slightly deformed, from age.

So, the car, about 10 years later, ended up in a SoCal friend's collection (he called it "The Bumblebee") and he eventually sold it & I haven't seen it, since then.

One really interesting thing about it, when it arrived in SoCal (from the Frisco area) was that it showed clear evidence of having had some sort significant roof damage(!),
which had been re-painted (not well).

Also, its odometer was not working.

As by then I had become well versed in maintaining a 57 Dodge, I offered to take the
speedo head to my home, to see what I could do to repair/overhaul it.

I get it home and discovered that someone, at an unknown time (obviously), had REMOVED
the odometer-rod/gear from inside the bowels of the speedo housing!

As I had acquired, by then, a spare speedo housing assembly, installing its rod/gear was a simple
matter, along with lubing-up the housing's internals.

So, somebody, after the car had acquired its 19K miles, had physically removed the odo rod/gear. "All" that they 'had' to do was leave it, lying inside the housing (as if it had fallen-off, somehow)
but no.....

It's a small MoPar world.

Neil Vedder

Bill T wrote:
Hi There,

Here are most of the photo's I took this past weekend while attending Mopar Fest.

Enjoy,

Bill Taekema
1960 Dodge Polara
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=107332107675464742437&target=ALBUM&id=5509043063570149745&authkey=Gv1sRgCIe_u-PTqs-JkAE&invite=CL2jpXk&feat=email <http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=107332107675464742437&target=ALBUM&id=5509043063570149745&authkey=Gv1sRgCIe_u-PTqs-JkAE&invite=CL2jpXk&feat=email>