[FWDLK] 1956 Chrysler 354 Hemi Water Pump

[FWDLK] 1956 Chrysler 354 Hemi Water Pump

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the info on my previous post (pinion seal, trans pan gasket for 1956 Chry NY).  I’ll see if I can get them from RockAuto or Kanter.

Now my car issues have entered a new realm; the water pump appears to be leaking.  And from the research that I have done, the 55 and 56 354 water pumps are not easy to find.  Many sites encourage using a conversion bracket and using a big block chev water pump but that requires going to an electric fuel pump and replacing the timing chain cover.  Way more work/conversion than I want to do to the car.

Kanter and Egge list 354 water pumps but I suspect they will need my core to rebuild.  I am afraid that the shipping back and forth of that heavy cast iron water pump between the US and Australia will not only be expensive but time consuming.

Do you know of a source for a rebuilt water pump or do you think that if I can find a competent shop (may be challenging!) to rebuild it, that I can order the components and have it rebuilt here?  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Eric

1956 Chrysler New Yorker