To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] OK, WTF is this?

Hi Karl,

This thread sure is stirring things up!

Thanks for including these pictures. It dawned on me that the vehicle pictured here could easily be the other way 'round too!

Perhaps it's a 122" wb dodge with Chrysler 300 quarters hung on it!

I still believe that anything is just about possible on these cars, especially after 50+ years.

Additionally, I remember some conversations a while back about export versions of Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth & DeSoto cars going to Europe in sort of a "kit" fashion. They were somewhat assembled into a few sub assemblys here, and then finally finished in their country of importation. This was all done to avoid a steep tariff on a car that was "manufactured" outside of that country.....

Best Regards,

Thomas F. Miller
tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
57 300C Hardtop
57 New Yorker Town & Country

Karl Peterson <tuffshift@xxxxxxxxx> 11/7/2010 10:21 PM >>>
"so the "story" of a 300E with a dodge nose didnt happen, unless of course they also swapped the chassis- since im not sure if the windsor in 59 was a 122" wb like 57/8 windsors..." The "STORY", ya say? Like what are alluding?....that I just made that up? Here, for your edification:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v115/nitekatt/Odds%20n%20Ends/?action=view&current=WPC2010_055.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v115/nitekatt/Odds%20n%20Ends/?action=view&current=WPC2010_054.jpg
Sure looks like 1959 300E with a 1959 Dodge front clip on it to me. What say you now about my "story"?