Re: [FWDLK] 1/4 bbl or 2/4bbl and much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: [FWDLK] 1/4 bbl or 2/4bbl and much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron is right, I have a close friend who used to own a GM and a Ford dealership and he told me about ordering special cars for people like Oldsmobiles with Buick interiors, whatever made the customer happy. My '58 Silver Special parts car is an oddball which was either a special order or factory mistake, it has original paint and is solid black, no silver roof. According to anything I've ever read, they ALL had silver roofs. Not that it's as major as a 2x4 intake but it's an example. A better example is my Fury's last owners wife's '58 Belvedere which was purchased off of the original owner in '71. It had a 318 2BBL with a torqueflite (nothing hot there) but it also had no Belvedere emblems on the 1/4's (and no holes or signs of any holes welded or filled for them), chrome garnish moldings and speedometer housing trim (like a Fury), and a 150 speedometer. Was it a special order? A late production car destine to be a Fury but was trimmed as a Belvedere somehow? Or a late production car coming down the assembly line getting all of the leftover Fury parts since Chrysler planned on building more cars than they sold do to the '58 recession? I don't need the "experts"on the list telling me stuff like that car can't happen, I knew the car well, drove the car, and looked for any signs of those damn emblem holes, they were not there.
Adam Lindenbaum