Re: [FWDLK] GREAT RACE ON "YOUTUBE"

hard to say- y-blocks did have a poor design as far as priority main oil delivery- perhaps they pulled the plugs and drilled the galleys larger and tapped to a larger npt size for the plugs- i have a few lincoln 368's [a lincoln-only y-block [arguably Y i should say]] and some were used in mercurys- in fact it is also the 57 tpk cruiser engine used in the merc stock cars for 57- they ran external feeds up to the rocker shafts- but aside from more oil to the rocker shafts, a higher flow to the top can drop delivery volume to where its important,,,

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Lindenbaum <AdamL57@xxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Dec 10, 2010 6:32 pm
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] GREAT RACE ON "YOUTUBE"

WOW, that's when stock car racing was real, not like the crap they have today. One question I have is how  did the Fords do so well when Y-Block 312's had such crappy oiling systems? I'm not saying it to be derogatory but it's a know fact that Y-blocks in general had poor oiling, were they modified for racing? Anyone out there have an answer?
Adam Lindenbaum