From: *Eastern Sierra Adjustment Svc* <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Torqued off
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Going back to my question about whether T/bars were designed to be lubricated...

if the ends' of the bars were properly inserted into their ft/rr receptacles, I can't see how
mere corrosion at those bar-insertions could cause a bar to break.

Making them a BITCH to remove: sure, but causing their failure (because they're still
able to rotate  freely)..I dunno.

I'm trying to contact a guy, back east, now (long-retired) who IIRC, had had a T/bar
fail on his newly purchased 57 Plymouth.

I had 'heard' that the bars broke because of bad metalurgy, and that they either broke quickly
or that they out-lasted the car's lifetime.

Neil Vedder