Re: [FWDLK] Restoration & Preservation.

On 1/26/2011 8:41 AM, Louis Rugani wrote:
It's all about where and with whom one associates. The prestigious AACA is still the biggest old-car group, where historical accuracy and correctness is both sought and celebrated, just the same as the founding principles behind this Forward-Look group.

    "The Founding Principles"...  I guess I haven't read the declaration of principles on which this site was founded.   I hope I haven't committed some crime against humanity by changing to disc brakes, pointless ignition and radial tires!  Oh, and I painted in between the chrome strips on my Suburban instead of using the cheap looking aluminum that came stock.
    I for one believe, if it is your car, you can enjoy whatever trips your trigger.  We don't all want to be, or have to be stuck in the fifties...maybe just drag our feet through a couple of decades and use some of the great ideas that came along with technology and time.
    Why some think it is soooo bad to make a change is beyond me.   Hell, if we all were like that we would still be sniffing the horse apples falling from the power plant in front of us.
Just my 59 cents worth.
John in WI...no weather report today!