Re: [FWDLK] DVAP

Hello, Jeff; thanks for your advisory/warning, which we-all on
both sides of the pond(s) know all too well.

Most of us have been bait-and-switched, or otherwise have been ripped
off, even from people that we thought could be trusted.

Altho I have never been disappointed in their products or service, others
who have dealt with SMS auto upholstery, of Portland, OR, allegedly
have been betrayed by them.

If I lived near SMS, I'd start a business where I would be a customer intermediary with them, to ensure that correct, and good quality, material-matching supplies are received from them, and that I would purchase their products over the counter, so that any discrepancies in 'your' order would be resolved without your having to receive the product, and then having to deal with quality/quantity issues and return costs and
delays.

Neil Vedder

Yishay Amiri wrote:
Everybody, I just wanted to tell you about my recent experience with Desert Valley Auto Parts in AZ:

I run a body shop in Israel, and I ordered parts for 3 customer cars. All parts were supposed to be in very nice condition, including bumpers that supposedly just need some buffing to be beautiful. I ordered well over $2000 in parts, before customs and shipping. I was sent pics of the parts, but from angles tat didn't show all of the damage. Fast forward 3 months and $1500 later. I got my parts this week. 3 of the parts were totally unusable, as in bumpers that were twisted and will not fit without serious metalworking, so that was money in the garbage, and more time for me and my customer. I was also missing some parts. I called up DVAP and spoke to Brian, the parts manager, and explained to him the problem. he said that everything was as promised and that i was never promised bumpers in nice condition, but core bumpers for rechroming. in other words, he was calling me a liar. Finally, after about 20 minutes, he said he would take the bumpers back and refund my money, minus shipping and a 20% restocking fee. that would leave me with about 400-500 dollars out of my original purchase price, not including my fees to ship the parts back to America. Finally, he said t hat to make me so-called happy, he would only take 15% restocking. My boss is seriously ticked at me and I have noting I can do.

Just wanted to warn you guys for the future, so that does not happen to any of you.
Jeff