Re: [FWDLK] Placement of interior coat hooks on 57 Dodge

Re: [FWDLK] Placement of interior coat hooks on 57 Dodge

On 5/26/2011 9:45 PM, John Williams wrote:
First, let me thank all of you for your help in picking brake upgrade
options . . . and especially with dealing with all the side issues!  My
car now stops on a dime with power front disk brakes, and is riding on
15-inch wide whitewall radials with reproduction 15-inch spinner wheel
covers.  The car looks great, rides great, and I wouldn’t trade it for
anything.  Thank you all!

I had the headliner replaced last year, and the installer neglected to
mark off the location of the screw holes for the coat hooks.  We can’t
locate them now, with the headliner in place – and I miss having those
hooks!

My car is a 1957 Dodge Custom Royal four-door sedan.  Is there someone
out there with a 57 or 58 Dodge or Plymouth (DeSoto and Chrysler  cars
won’t work , as they have the longer wheelbase) who can provide me with
the screw hole measurements I need – say, distance from either the front
or back  inside window edge of the rear door, and also distance from top
of window?

Thanks again to all of you!

Cheers,

John

have you thought about poking about the approximate area with a straight pin, shouldn't leave any marks with a fabric headliner
down low just above the metal trim in the back seat area of the cabin.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy