[FWDLK] Trannies!

Lou, et al; does anyone know what the various gear ratios were for the 3speed gearboxes,
both for non-and-overdrive units?

Also, what was the 'best' (least-worst) 3-speed gearbox, that was ever made, as far as
synchronization and/or gear ratios (good gear spacing) is concerned?

This box was almost certainly installed in a pick up or maybe a tractor(?) application.

Perhaps a later-model 3-speed/od transmission's internals might be able to be swapped
into one of our neanderthal trans cases...or just swapped-out, entirely?

Neil Vedder

Louis Rugani wrote:
I found a three-speed manual transmission with overdrive at Freman's in Whitehall, Montana; it seems to be a good Forward Look source. With the higher standard differential ratio on non-overdrive cars, this overdrive will make for a very tall drive ratio ... perfect for these days of pricy gasoline, no?
Now then, I'll need rear spring bushings to fit the front (non-shackle) ends, and as always I'll be grateful for any direction towards achieving that noteworthy goal. Thanks again.
=Lou=