[FWDLK] KEEPING CARBURETORS LOOKING LIKE NEW???

[FWDLK] KEEPING CARBURETORS LOOKING LIKE NEW???

Hi Ron

Your statement is contradictory. A car driven more will show signs of deterioration of surfaces sooner than a car that is rarely driven. Rain, road salts, gas, oil, etc, take a toll on finishes. That said, you can clear coat metal parts. You want to use flat matt. You do not want a gloss on the parts.
The bases of WCFB's are cast iron. John used gloss black, that is ok, but I prefer Spray Gray by Eastwood or Cast Coat by Napa. You can see in the photos I attached the cast iron look you get. I bake all my coatings for 20 min. at 200 deg.

Hope that helps,

Gary, The Parts Doc

     Can anybody tell me how to keep the carburetors looking like new, at car show I see cars with dual carbs that look likes new and the cars are not really driven that much. My dual carbs even after being rebuilt turn a dull milky gray with small white spots. Of course I am not driving them much they are just sitting inside until show time.
     I just wonder if there is a clear spray that can be used on them that is heat proof and will last?

          Any suggestions are welcome!!!!!

             Thank You in Advance,

               Ron Swartley