[FWDLK] Carlisle Cars & Stars @ Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals features stars and cars
June 21, 2011

Reference:
http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/article/Carlisle-Chrysler-Nationals-features-st
ars-and-cars/?et_mid=508971&rid=3382247

CARLISLE, Pa. ­ The Christine Car Club is scheduling appearances of some of
Hollywood's top "Car Movie/TV Show" stars in conjunction with the Carlisle
Chrysler Nationals July 8-10 at the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

Slated to be together in one place, for the first time in Carlisle are John
Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard), Cindy Williams (Laverne and Shirley), Paul Le
Mat (American Graffiti) and William Ostrander (Christine).

John Schneider is best known for his role as Bo Duke on The Dukes of
Hazzard, a program that aired between 1979 and 1985 on CBS and currently
airs on Country Music Television (CMT) nightly in syndication.  Schneider
has also seen success as a country music artist, charting multiple #1 hits
in the mid-1980¹s

Cindy Williams will forever be linked to Laverne and Shirley, but she also
co-starred as Ron Howard¹s love interest in American Graffiti.  Williams has
recently been involved in the theatre and has appeared in national tours of
Grease and Moon Over Buffalo.

Fellow Graffiti cast member Paul Le Mat will join Williams in Carlisle. Le
Mat portrayed John Milner and won the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the
Year for his efforts.

Keeping with the car/movie theme, William Ostrander is also scheduled to
appear. Ostrander starred as Buddy Repperton in the 1983 horror flick
Christine.  Along with his work in Christine, Ostrander has appeared in
Knots Landing, Touched by an Angel and the 1985 mini-series North and South.

In addition to the actors, their iconic autos will be on display, including
an original General Lee Charger, an original T-Bucket from Happy Days and
the original '32 Deuce Coupe that Le Mat drove in the climactic race scene
in American Graffiti. A replica of the Christine car will also be on hand.

³We¹re a car based club with a Christine focus,² noted Christine Car Club
co-administrators Joe Caldwell, Wayne Degeorge, Chaney Ponton and Charles
Sayre. ³We¹re huge fans of Christine but we¹re also fans of TV star cars and
actors. We¹re having a multi-celebrity gathering at the Carlisle Chrysler
Nationals because we feel people really enjoy seeing the stars and their
cars together in one place. We couldn¹t think of a better venue than the
Carlisle PA Fairgrounds for this one-of-a-kind get together.

By attending the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, you¹re walking into a true
Mopar-lover¹s paradise. With over 2,200 vehicles from all eras of the
Chrysler brand -- classics, muscle cars, high-performance new models and
more -- you won¹t want to miss the enormous showfield organized by year,
make and model as well as fantastic indoor displays. In addition, there are
a slew of kids¹ activities, industry guests, car and engine giveaways as
well as NHRA drag racing, not to mention the huge swap meet and car corral.
Whether you prefer the A, B or E body style ­ this show has it all.

For more information, visit www.carlisleevents.com.