From: Adam Lindenbaum <AdamL57@xxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, July 2, 2011 10:18:09 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Crash test, what a waste...

Having been a GM dealer body tech/Manager fro the last 17 years I have to say that new cars are safer than our beloved classics, BUT this video seems a bit extreme. Where the hell was the left front frame rail on the '59??? It would have bent but I think (or shall I say KNOW) it would have stopped the Malibu from hitting the cowl/ dash/ left door pillar. Also as Ron pointed out, there is no engine in the '59 Chevy as far as I can tell which when that moved back against the firewall would have made the nose more rigid. Maybe this will give the Al Gores of this Country more juice to take away our hobby because not only do they pollute the air but they are also unsafe and we aren't smart enough to make the decision on our own whether to drive them or not.
Adam