Re: [FWDLK] Broken door lock

They are "ok" I wouldn't say they are great, but they are in much better shape then my old one. It was worn much more. The parts car I took it off of, was not a high mileage car and has been parked at least 20 years. But this give me time to look for a real good one or an NOS one without laying up the car.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eastern Sierra Adjustment Svc" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <drt-rdr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Broken door lock

That's certainly good news.

How does the condition of the lower/hidden gear teeth compare
to that of the upper-exposed teeth, on the latch?

Neil Vedder

Nick Sperduto wrote:
I got the door fixed. It took some surgery with an air body saw and a big ole screwdriver/prybar. I had to go through the outside handle opening, cut some sliced into the mechanism, the break it apart with a bar. After removal, I see what happened. The inside door handle presses down on a tab inside the mechanism, that tab broke and fell inside the mechanism, jamming it up.

Nick