[FWDLK] 300K factory 4 speed

I just came across an extremely rotted but complete '64 300K factory 4 speed one owner car. It's a single 4 bbl, manual window, seats, non a/c car. Any chrome trim is pitted badly and some of the stainless is bent. From what I've found here on the internet there were 82 4 speed cars made and 15 accounted for, I have no real interest in trying to restore it myself but it's other option is a local "red-neck" wants to buy it and yank the engine/trans and scrap the rest (scrap is up to $11.00 per hundred pounds, good beer money). Is this car worth $1,500? I can't stand to see it go the crusher as rare as it is but I can't invest money in it to have it lay around here and rot away.It would need a non-letter series car as a body donor or at least a sheet metal donor. The guy has the new car paperwork and all from the dealer, it's a shame, he parked it in '73 and let it just rot away.
Adam Lindenbaum