From: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 58 belv 'vert
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 6:15 AM

If a seller is going to claim that the car is a one-of-one (and therefore imply that it is rare and subsequently more valuable), then he should have proof to back it up. A build sheet from Chrysler Historical would put this issue to rest. Or maybe he doesn't want to know.
What will happen is that someone without much knowledge will fall in love with the car and its color (easy to do in this case) and pay whatever the dealer is asking, only to be disappointed when it arrives. Or maybe the buyer is willing to accept the fact that the car isn't perfect and after shelling out 50K, are now willing to sink another 50K into getting it restored correctly. Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: Jim Rawa To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:21 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 58 belv 'vert

i usually don't tear other people's cars apart, but this is a dealer, with typical salespitch....

they say it was such a meticulous restoration, and a factroy dual V-800 car... if they said a car that presents nicely while driving, but with beginner-quality attention to detail and body work, then they'd be honest, sorta....

detail: first off, underhood is weak, who doesnt take the time to mask, its horrible to see the master braking plate, its bolts, putty and all components around it painted over, look at the rocker panels.... looks like the improperly-shape JC Whitney rocker caps put on, most likely with rivets- look at the trunk pics, only someone who had fwdlk cars would pick this up: when they made the new trunk floors and rear cross member and its covering... they forgot to reinstall the rearmost body mounts, although, maybe they're hidden under the patchwork.... the seats are nice, maybe NOS, but put on poorly or poorly padded, and have sweat or other stains, the door panels suck with screws showing and all warped

factory V800? where's the 150 speedo to match that claim, also the fact its probably a plain old 318 with a dual quad intake can be backed up with the lack of all the "important" items, like coil bracket [and placement], return spring brackets, the carb linkage is home- made, colors are way off, i'm sure if there was a close-up you find LP8 on the block and no dual points either....

shame because it could be a beautiful car... but the way it works, some clown that doesnt know any better is going to get ripped by a dealer, then go to a show and say their car is better than say- the real thing!

neil, you next up! i actually penciled 37 things wrong/flaws on this one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-PLYMOUTH-BELVEDERE-CONVERTIBLE-DUAL-FURY-V800-WOW-/330588103235?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cf8962243

anyone have a solid 'vert they want to part with? drivetrain not important.