[FWDLK] Problem wih Disc Brakes From a Conversion

[FWDLK] Problem wih Disc Brakes From a Conversion

Hello,

Had a problem this weekend with the disc brakes on my 56 DeSoto Firedome. The Drivers side rear caliper broke loose and jammed into the rim and I could not move. I had the car towed home Saturday night. Took it apart and found that it looks like a or some bolts loosened and the unit broke free. I have had the conversion kit in since may be 2005. Periodically checked everything but probably not the last year or two since I have used the car so little. Some of the lock washers look like they have spread and separated.  The corresponding bolt on the passenger side is loose with some wear on the threads.

I am not sure the cause but will call AAJ tomorrow or email and look to buy some new plates, spacers and bolts. I will examine all wheels and replace all the bolts to be sure.

Has anyone had problems that I should look out for with regular examinations or maintenance?

Did I miss something that I should be doing?

Thanks.

Walter E. Landry

56 DeSoto Firedome