Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Shocks - Koni

Hi Mike -

I included you and your 300Hs in the "4-1/2" count of possible buyers for these Koni shocks.

I think there is not enough interest worldwide - so far it's me, you, another person from the 300 Club Int'l, and possibly Rick from the Forwardlook list (who didn't say how many).  So, I have not asked the Koni rep anything further than the initial availability question below - right now, there is no pricing and no consideration to place these back into production..

The low interest in these shocks may just be the nature of the owner of these cars - most drivers of these cars take them out on slow Sunday drives, and have had them for many years, when there were nice runners available for four weeks' pay.  In 2011, for many folks, paying more than a modest dinner for two out on the town for a set of four shocks is considered excessive - and is reflected by the near-zero interest this is generating here.

Myself, I get out in the cut & thrust of I-95 in South Florida and have to out-maneuver the media-estimated 30% of drivers who have NO car insurance at all. The added control afforded by the $130-$140 KYBs have saved my butt on many occasions - but there's room for improvement. I consider the KYBs good insurance, and for a one-time purchase, an excellent investment. And the car is more pleasant and fun to drive - I can only imagine what the Konis would be like. I would surely never go back to the stock-type shock absorber, ever.

I am copying this discussion over onto the Forwardlook list, and I welcome anyone to bring it to the 1959 Plymouth list, the Christine clubs, or any other related Mopar auto forum.

John

John,
I wonder what price range they are considering.

I paid $800 per car set for my Jaguars (6 shocks) .
They made such a terrific difference that I would be willing to buy 2 sets if necessary. If they're thinking $100 each, I wonder how it would change if we thought in terms of $200 each.
I would gladly pay $800 for a set of Koni  shocks designed by Koni  for my car.
I also wonder just where all the same shocks (as ours) were used originally, and  hopw many of those folks we could interest.
Mike Moore