Re: [FWDLK] WHO CAN DO SOLDERING

It sounds like a timing or advance issue, did you check both? Are you using the same distributor that the car came with? I once bought an aftermarket electronic distributor for a B-Motor that when installed and timed at idle was fine but it advanced so far at higher RPMs that the engine was firing into the next cylinder. I ended up dissecting another distributor for the springs and disconnecting the vacuum advance so it would work.
Adam Lindenbaum

In a message dated 8/19/2011 8:06:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Has anyone had an issue after installing a Pertronix electronic ignition conversion with the engine running hotter?

Have a Great Day!

Ron Hilbert

57 Plymouth

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adam Lindenbaum
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 4:21 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] WHO CAN DO SOLDERING

I learned my lesson with my '58 Fury, it has an MSD ignition and one night in Jersey the box went bad, fun ride in a flatbed home. I've also had the Mopar "Orange" box in the '57 fail me but I learned many years ago with the Mopar electronics to carry spare boxes and ballast resistors. When I redo my '57 I'm putting points back in it, not really possible with the Hemi in the Fury, it needs all of the spark it can get.

Adam