Re: [FWDLK] BRAKE FLUID QUESTION

On 8/28/2011 2:55 PM, William Huff wrote:

2. For our open vented and unsealed systems, maybe a 1/4 inch layer of
DOT 5 floating on top of the regular fluid might slow moisture
absorbtion.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

I would be real hesitant to do this 'trick' Granted diverse fluids might not mix well.

BUT: the action of using the brakes in regular driving means fluid goes in the lines, and Back out of this lines, AND this can create some 'spray' reactions inside the fluid reservoir. This is easily evidenced by the need for a splash guard at times when helping the boys with their old cars when performing routine maintenance or some driveway brakes work. there were times when it was like a geyser! Can one say 'brake fluid all over the place?' without some form of splash guard when doing this with the master cylinder cap off?

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy