Re: [FWDLK] Grille Painting

Don:

    You can de-anodize and clean the grill by soaking it for several hours in phosphoric acid available from your local paint store.  It is used for etching and cleaning metal before painting and anodizing.  The aluminum will come out nice and clean with a satin finish ready for painting or anodizing. I have done this with aluminum wheel covers.

    Then find a nice paint that you like and use it.  After words, put a lacquer clear clear coat on top and it will last for years.  If you just want a shiny aluminum finish, then just buff it to a polish and clear coat it.

    John