To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 7:14 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] '55 Dodge manual transmission.

It's a mystery that no one has the answer for.

I rebuilt my '55 Royal 270 poly engine and three-speed manual w/o overdrive. After reassembly it turned out the transmisson input shaft and collar had snapped though the gears still turned. No one but no one has that shaft. It turns out there were two such shafts that year, and mine's the longer one, and nothing else fits.

I bought a used transmission (with overdrive) from Freman's in Whitehall, Montana but it had the shorter input shaft.
I haven't found anyone who knows anything about this two-shafts business.

=Lou=