[FWDLK] help with an engine number.

The 361 cid  block in my 60 DeSoto was cracked, so I found another 361 block  that so far looks good. The numbers on it are    ML 36 followed with what looks like an "I" or it could be a "1". The block was painted red as were the Golden Commando blocks of the 1959 Plymouth. The casting # on the side of the block is 1944829-5 There is also a # 78148 on it.

The # on the cracked 60 DeSoto block is P 36. "P" means 1960 and 36 means 361 cid. I think the ML36 block that I now have  is a 1959 361 Plymouth Golden Commando block Can any one out there confirm that , or tell me what it is?  Thanks for your help in advance.   Jim

Jim Ruckdashel
5149 Laurel View Drive
Winston-Salem, NC  27104
336.765.1678