[FWDLK] DEALING WITH KANTERS ON REFUND

Nathan,

        I read your entire long story with both sides of the conversation. (nicely written) I started reading the story, 120% on your side. As I read your account of phone calls and letters, etc, to the Kanter company I totally changed my position of you  being right. Nathan, the rules are the rules. Kanter promised complete replacement of your so called defective oil pump. Cantors who shipped your order in one day cannot be held responsible because you or Mr Alison are in a hurry or as you said, "Time was important". You also mentioned Kanter's accepted your hard-earned money-----the time the customer service representative and Mr Kanter himself spent time on your problem, costing them HARD EARNED MONEY. It was your decision to jump the gun and order the part from another company before giving Kanter a chance to send you a replacement pump like the company policy states. After all the time that the  Mgr, and Mr Kanter put into making you happy was their time being wasted on someone who bent their return policy. Then you have the nerve to say they are reluctant to give refunds in your final message to us. That is insult to injury. Please forgive me for being so blunt, but owning 3 fairly large businesses and being a car collector for more than 50+ years, and also living in the real world,----I must say that I have known many businesses that have closed or sold their business because they had too many people like you that got the very, very hard to find items that they could not have gotten any place else at the low price they paid, and with 99% of the hundreds of parts they received in excellent condition, they wish to make a federal case out of the one part that some 84 year old man says is defective.

 Bottom line is:
      Give the company you are dealing with at least a chance to make the part right or offer a refund before you rush to buy from one of their competitors and dictate what policy you think they should have while handling your problem. Nathan, you are rebuilding a car that is a half a century  old, and all of a sudden you are in a big hurry??????? Were you taking the car to big races or have a hot buyer that wanted a newly rebuilt motor in the car?- Did you have a deadline you had to meet???--------or did the 84 year old man push you for time------ and just order the part and let you deal with breaking Kanter's return policy????

IF YOU CAN NOT LOOK AT A SITUATION FROM THE OTHER MAN'S POINT OF VIEW BEFORE MAKING A DESICION----YOU CAN NOT SEE THE WHOLE SITUATION------AND THEN MAYBE SHOULD RUN FOR CONGRESS!!!!!!! LOL

PS. NATHAN, Don't get me wrong, I am not putting you down, I know for a fact you are a smart guy because of the make of car you are rebuilding, a Mopar!!!!!!!!!!

      Ron Swartley