Re: [FWDLK] Polarizing

Googled "Polarizing a Generator", and pulled this off a Ferguson tractor site....

Polarization of the generator should take place whenever any of the following events occur:

1. The battery is replaced or disconnected from the tractor
2. The generator is replaced or serviced
3. The regulator is replaced or serviced

If any of these events occurred, do not start the engine until polarization is done. The
polarity of the generator must be set to match that of the voltage regulator.
Make a jumper wire (14 or 16 gauge) long enough to reach from the battery to the
generator. Put alligator clips on both ends.

To polarize a generator on a tractor having a Delco 6V positive ground system or a Lucas
6V or 12V positive ground system, attach one clip to the A terminal on the generator. With
the other clip, briefly for only a split-second (or a spark occurs) tap the negative ( - )
terminal on the battery.