[FWDLK] Polarizing a Voltage Regulator

I Googled "Polarizing 6-volt regulator" and got a number of hits, including
this one.  You might do the same and read a few if this is not clear.  They
did call the "F" connection "Fuel" and I changed it to "Field".  Duhh.

Failing to polarize a 6 volt regulator can cause damage to the entire
electrical system of a vehicle or machine. If the battery dies, or if the
battery or regulator is disconnected from the electrical circuit, the
regulator must be polarized before it can turn the engine over again.
Polarization matches the electrical memory of the regulator to that of the
generator. It may sound complicated, but fortunately polarizing the
regulator is an easy job.

Related Searches: Rectifier Regulator
 Alternator Generator
 Difficulty: Easy
Instructions

Things You'll Need
 Jumper wire

1 Locate the volt regulator on your vehicle or machine. It is usually square
with five or six terminal screws on its face. It is connected by a positive
wire to the generator. (The generator is the first electric motor connected
to the positive cable of the battery.)

 2 Locate the terminal on the regulator that is marked "A," if your
regulator has five terminals. Locate the two terminals marked "B" if your
regulator has six terminals.

 3 Clip your jumper wire to your battery terminal. Find the terminal marked
"F" (for field terminal) on the regulator. Touch the free end of the jumper
wire to the "F" terminal twice for less than a second each time. You have
now polarized your regulator.

Read more: How to Polarize 6 Volt Regulators | eHow.com
http://www.ehow.com/how_8165510_polarize-6-volt-regulators.html#ixzz1fKF7JlD