[FWDLK] Fuel pump installed...coolant leak

[FWDLK] Fuel pump installed...coolant leak

Hey all,

I just installed my freshly rebuilt fuel pump today (thanks to Then and Now Automotive, it looks great).  I'm pretty sure it wasn't installed correctly, but have already done some searching on the forums and think I have that issue solved.

The next issue to arise is that, while cranking the engine after the fuel pump install, coolant started leaking I believe from somewhere on the bottom side of the water pump.

Is it possible the seals dried out while the car was sitting (the coolant level always seemed stable, but it was a little low today.  I never saw a puddle under the car)?  Is this a "definitely needs replaced" scenario or based on the experience of others is it possible the the gaskets may reseal after being exposed to the coolant?  I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but am always hopeful.

Thanks,
Garrett