Re: [FWDLK] 1956 Dodge D501 vert sold at BJ

Re: [FWDLK] 1956 Dodge D501 vert sold at BJ

Yes I agree it seems like all the D500-1 cars that have gone thru Barret Jackson are conversions from D500 Modes at best. I still only have a build sheet confirmation of one other true Dash One Model from 56 out of all the cars that have been brought to my attention. That being Gary Richards car he is restoring in California. That doesn't mean that there are not others, they just are not confirmed by me or anyone I know. And to continue to update facts on the D500-1 Model... Bernie Hentges one of 18 surviving drivers of the 1959 Daytona 500 confirmed that he picked up his 1956 D500-1 complete with the Dual Quad racing engine package from the factory and drove it home. He also recounted knowing other drivers who received the upgraded factory Dash One cars for racing purposes. This first hand information from the very active 74 year old Hentges has dispelled all notions that cars were only produced with the parts in the trunk, so this error should be corrected whenever possible. Thanks All, Tim in Golden Co  1956 D500-1