[FWDLK] DODGE D 501 AT AUCTION

    Back in late 1956,  I was heavy into Chrysler high performance cars. To the best of my knowledge the D-501 convertibles were produced in very very limited numbers and were made to compete in the convertible races that were popular back then.
They came in one color, white, and they were all stick shift, there were no automatics made for racing.
As far as some of the hardtops coming with dual quads and cam in the trunk, well, back then if you had the right dealer with factory contacts and a little money you could get some pretty wild stuff from Chrysler's assembly lines.

    Ron