From: John Hagen <sprinthag@xxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Feb 10, 2012 4:56 pm
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] pretty nice 58 fury

A nice car and, as stated, it has not been made into a Christine. Man I hate those cars almost as I hate all the ’69 Chargers that have made General Lee clones. What is wrong with people? To me that kind of crap lowers the value by at least 50%.

Actually, I like the 57 taillights better but other than that I prefer the changes made for 58. I do have a hard time believing it went for that kind of money. Well, 77 maybe but I would not pay 99 for a 318. I like the early 318’s a lot, especially the single and dual four barrel motors. But for 99 I want the Golden Commando.  My brother owned one he got in 58 as a demo with a couple of thousand miles on it. It had the Golden Commando and it would just fly.

I once ran across a 58 w/the GC and a 3 three speed. Factory 3 speed as, although it had been converted to a floor shift, it still had the 3 speed column with just the shift lever removed. It was in for some mechanical work at Edwards Motor Company in Milwaukee when I spied it about 1962 or 1963.

John Hagen