Re: [FWDLK] The Real Idiots in the Old Car Arena

Re: [FWDLK] The Real Idiots in the Old Car Arena

On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:05 PM, Adam Lindenbaum wrote:

The most important thing is that we enjoy our cars and not worry if someone else doesn't like the fact that you don't have correct date coded air in the tires
or that there is mud on the frame, or that the clock has been converted to quartz (which is how this thread started), it's YOUR car, do with it what you want.
If someone didn't like your hair cut or shirt would you be concerned and change your appearance?
Adam

  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

  Probably not the best analogy, as my CO would have plenty to say about my appearance if it did not conform !   :-)

  But I get your point.  Being blessed with a few rather exotic cars that one rarely sees, even within Forward Look
circles, it was, and will again be my pleasure to just park my car "out there" and let anyone who notices wonder and
comment about why THAT car is parked outside the "show".

  This whole thing about clocks and quartz movements, ...  I think we all have our own peculiar and sometimes minute
detail attractions to these cars.  I would submit that Neil has a real hard on for the way an OEM clock works/sounds/
operates, whereas his OEM concerns about running radial tires doesn't bother him a bit.  Whereas, I hate the look of
radials on cars like ours, but might not be as hung up on clock movements.

  It is good that someone out there somewhere takes all these details seriously, be it this one or that, or the tech would
be lost forever.

  I just learned tonight via Doug Pollock at SMS that the interior cloth in my 58 Plaza is an aftermarket material sewn into
a redone interior that had to have been done very early in the car's life, as it was parked in 1964 with very low miles.
Hoodathunkit ?  But Doug knows his stuff and is going to send me a sample (or photos) of the correct stuff.  Just another
example of one guy's getting hardcore about original details being a resource to anyone who might come asking.

  Burger