Re: [FWDLK] Hi

On 4/6/2012 2:58 PM, George McCollam wrote:

you should check this out http://www.anews15o.net/biz/?employment=3137998

YES the above is a form of SPAM,  this sort can happen to most anyone.

The Primary stealth tactic is to use someone else's email address in a spoofed mode.

Should one feel they might be victimized by something of this nature I can offer these ideas

is your computer sending these out??

If you think not, or if you suspect so, I might suggest running a FULL virus scan SOON,

-----> AND <-----   also run malwarebytes  its free and trusted.

there is a chance that just your email address has been hi-jacked and Not a direct intrusion to ones computer But measures still need to be taken.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

IF you think you need a good free antivirus program, Lots of Folks like

AVG         http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

and or

Avast       http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

Only Run one at a time, the same for a firewall if you are using one,

IF you think you want a little more control over your firewall then the default one with windows, LOTS of folks like Zonealarm.

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/zonealarm-pc-security-free-firewall.htm

Should you choose to go that route, you should Turn OFF the windows firewall and learn to ignore your PC trying to turn it back on.

Good Luck if you are faced with this problem.

There have been cases where access was gained using a long dormant email address. (even sent by 'dead' folks).

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy