From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jesus Jimenez
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 12:11 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] '55 brakes

For a good number of years, I have been unable to find a suitable gauge to adjust the brakes on my '55 Ply. Sometime ago, I purchased one of those caliper types that measure drum/shoes diameter, but since these brakes have two pivots points, it's difficult to use this gauge. The manual shows a gauge that rotates on the spindle which is more practical and easier to use.

I find it hard to adjust the shoes without a gauge a pain since I don't know whether to adjust the top or bottom anchor to fit them snuggly as this might wear out one side more than the other one.

So, does anybody know of a suitable gauge to use on these brakes?

What about the type of gauge that rotates on the spindle, is this still somewhere available?

Thanks

Jesus '55 Ply Belv 6 cyl/ auto/manual brakes