[FWDLK] 1960-62 FL Mopar Convertible Trunk Question

[FWDLK] 1960-62 FL Mopar Convertible Trunk Question

Hi To All,

Am trying to find out which FL convertibles have trunk springs rather than
torsion bars.

I have a 1960 Chrysler 300-F convertible that had a bad trunk spring. I
found a spring manufacturing company to make some new springs and have 4
pairs left that are on Ebay Item #270953741862. I originally thought that
this was a one year only for 1960 convertibles. The spring hinges allowed
the spare tire to tuck under the hinge mechanism and fit within the fender
to improve trunk space. In 1961, Chrysler convertibles the tire was moved
more towards the center of the trunk thus cutting down on trunk space due to
the use of torsion bars.

Since 1961 Chrysler convertibles trunks were switched to torsion bars, I was
under the impression that this was done across the board on other Mopars
after 1960 for cost cutting measures.

I received this message below that contradicts that hypothesis.

"FYI your springs should fit a 61 Ply Conv and a 62 Chrysler 300 Conv ,
perhaps others. I have personally seen them on the above applications. I
just ordered a pair for one side of my 61 Plymouth Conv, glad to find them
after a multi year search. Thanks for having them made. I have a 60 dodge
dart conv, same body style as above and it uses torsion bars for the trunk,
go figure!"

Soooo....

Springs: 1960 Chrysler convertibles and 1960-61 Plymouth convertibles.

No springs (torsion bars) 1960 Dodge Dart convertible

The question is, does anyone know what if any other 1960-62 FL Mopar
convertibles use trunk springs?

Thanks,
Tony