Re: [FWDLK] Engine Paint Codes?

You're going to get a multitude of answers from people that have had success with different flavors of paints ranging from Dupli-Color rattle cans to Bill Hirsch Automotive Engine Enamels to the original (but now obsolete so buy some when you can...) silver  paint from your friendly neighborhood Chrysler dealership.

For the silver aluminum that is on mopar engines from about 1934 to the late 50's, we use PPG Concept single stage enamel DCC 8568.  It's a single stage urethane enamel with excellent durablity , etc.

Conventional wisdom on the exhaust manifolds is that they were already bolted to the engine when the engine was painted, and the overspray that went on the raw cast iron was quickly burnt off.

Since we don't like rusty looking cast iron manifolds these days, we use Eastwood's #10364Z stainless steel manifold coating and ignore getting the overspray on the manifold since it would burn off before you could drive to your first show anyway.

Tim
Stellar Antique Auto Restorations