[FWDLK] Regulator and Generator

When I got the Plymouth, it had about 103,000 miles on it.  During the rebuild, everything was tested, rebuilt or replaced.  The Regulator was tested, found defective and replaced.  The Generator was rebuilt.  About 2000 miles later, the Regulator was acting up, tested, found defective (yet again) and replaced.  The Generator tested OK.  About 3000 miles later, the idiot light was flashing (a weak ON condition really).  I have replaced the Regulator and the light is a steady ON indicating not charging.  I'll be troubleshooting the charging system this week.

The schematic shows a "Radio Condenser" connected to the red line output of the Generator and no other condenser at the Regulator.

Questions:
1.    What is the value of the condenser?  No value on the schematic nor is a condenser called out in my parts manual.
2.    There was a second condenser connected to the Regulator at the red line - could this be a problem (I have since disconnected it)?
3.    Any thoughts on why the rash of Regulator problems?

Dick Skinner
1959 Plymouth Sport Suburban